Slideshow Widget

Goodbye Google Reader - How to Make the Move to Bloglovin

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Do you follow this blog {or any others} with Google Reader or Google Friend Connect?


It's official: Google Reader will cease to exist as of July 1st. (Source)

So, what do you do now? It's actually super simple. I've been toying around with Bloglovin, and I have to admit... I love it just as much as more than I loved Google Reader. And Bloglovin makes it ridiculously simple to make the move. I was shocked. And here I was, all worked up just thinking about how long it would take me to visit each blog and re-subscribe. Boy was I wrong! 

If you already use Bloglovin, just click HERE. Click "Import from Google Reader," then click "Allow Access." That's it! Just two clicks, and every blog you were following with Google Reader will be magically imported to Bloglovin. How's that for easy?!

If you're new to Bloglovin, it's easy to sign up using your email or Facebook. Just click HERE.

One of my favorite features is the ability to "like" a post. Bloglovin saves your likes, so you can easily revisit your favorite projects, tips, recipes, and other posts. 

Oh, did I mention there's also an awesome app for the iPhone? There is, and I love it! 

If you're a blogger, it's easy to "claim" your blog. I claimed mine and installed the "follow this blog with bloglovin" button in less than 5 minutes. After you sign up for a Bloglovin account, just click on your name at the top right of the page, click "My blog," and click "Claim blog." The prompts were very easy to follow! 

If you're following Aprons 'n Pearls using Google Reader or
Google Friend Connect, I encourage you to make the switch today...  Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

6 Responses to “Goodbye Google Reader - How to Make the Move to Bloglovin”

  1. I moved over to feedly yesterday and all my info was imported but I'd like to try something different. If I lose all my rss feeds it would be awful! I'll let you know how it goes and if I like it better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Please do let me know. So far I've heard Bloglovin is the way to go, and personally, I LOVE it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info Shandy! That was extremely EASY to do! :) I'm now following you on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks, Christi! I'm now following you on Bloglovin, too :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I wasn't paying attention, and I would have panicked and not known what to do, if I lost my followers! Thanks so much! Hope you are having a wonderful summer! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda :) Thanks for stopping by. My summer has been busy, but good. Hope you're summer was wonderful also, are that you're enjoying this extended weekend.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write a few kind words!