Slideshow Widget

Mixed Tapes

Thursday, February 14, 2013


H A P P Y 
V A L E N T I N E ' S
D A Y

Remember making mixed tapes for your crush back in the 80's and 90's? Lots of us did it, but somewhere between compact discs and iPods, tapes were lost. I no longer have a boom box that I can press the play and record buttons on to make my crush (my hubby) a tape, so this compilation of songs will have to do. There are so many amazing love songs! I could be here all day listing and listening to my favorites, so instead I will only include the top twelve songs that have really meant something to us over the years. (Not all are traditional "love songs." My husband was deployed to Iraq and stationed in Oklahoma for 7 months, so some are deployment songs that helped us through.) Carve some time out of your day to slow dance with the one you love. Feel free to add songs in the comment section that mean something to you and your valentine!

"Then" by Brad Paisley
("our song")

"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
(our first dance as husband and wife)

"Endless Love" by Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey

"You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma"
by Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert


"Lead Me" by Sanctus Real

"Lullaby" by Lit

"The Reason" by Hoobastank

"When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne


"American Soldier" by Toby Keith

"I'm Already There" by Lonestar
(look for us at 32-34 seconds, 43-46, 2:40-2:42, & 3:42-45)


"The Longer The Waiting (The Sweeter the Kiss)" by Josh Turner
(look for us at 29-34, 1:41-1:54, 2:28-2:32, & 2:53-2:59)


"Wait for Me" by Theory of a Deadman
(2:40-2:45)


*Thanks to I Miss My Soldier for making the last three videos! They meant a lot to the girls whose loved ones were deployed.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write a few kind words!