Slideshow Widget

Grace - My Word for 2013

Thursday, January 3, 2013



Happy New Year! I hope you had a blessed Christmas and wonderful New Year's celebration! I took a few weeks off to focus on my family and home, and to prepare for Christmas, and am now looking forward to what 2013 will bring!

I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore. Statistics show that most resolutions that are made don't see the light of day once February rolls around. So instead, like many others, I have a word. My word for 2013 is grace. 

Have you ever really thought about the word grace, and all it means? I've been studying the word, its definitions, and what grace means to me. Looking at my list of goals for the year, grace seems to be the word to represent all I've set out to do. It's a beautiful word - just look at some of its synonyms... 
  • praise
  • poise
  • thanksgiving
  • kindness
  • charm
  • service
  • honor
  • balance
  • favor
  • goodwill
  • bloom 
  • consideration
  • class
  • dignity
  • beauty
  • loveliness
  • generosity
  • polish
What an awesome list of words! I can apply these words to every single one of my goals, from getting healthy, to being the best wife, mother, and homemaker I can be, to my walk with Christ, to how I live my life

Most importantly, grace is a gift, and even though it is Jesus who was the birthday boy, WE are the ones who receive the gifts. How amazing is that?!

For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— not from works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

What is YOUR word for 2013?


4 Responses to “Grace - My Word for 2013”

  1. What a beautiful post, friend! Grace is an incredible word and encompasses so much. What precious gifts our Lord has given us. I know with His help, you will accomplish your goals! I look forward to being on the journey with you and seeing what blessings this new year will bring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa <3 Yes, He has blessed us all with so much. So glad we reconnected, and looking forward to seeing what 2013 has in store for all of us.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I just found your blog and am now your newest follower. I love the idea of having a word to focus on for the year! I have set some goals for the year, but now need a word to bring everything into focus! Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to following you in 2013! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Happy New Year to you as well! So happy you found me :) Have you found your word for 2013 yet?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write a few kind words!