Slideshow Widget

Faith Like Charlie

Thursday, October 25, 2012



Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen;
it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)

I just love Charlie Brown, don't you? I got the hankerin' to watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown today. This was after reading this blog over at Girlfriends Coffee Hour. (Totally unrelated to my pal, Charlie, but it's the reason I have had Hebrews 11:1 running through my head all morning!) So, Charlie and Hebrews... Hebrews and Charlie... Yes, my mind works in mysterious ways! Just ask my husband!

If you're a Charlie Brown fan, you will no doubt recall all the times when Lucy held the football and convinced Charlie to kick it, and at the last second, she would take it away, and he would fall flat on his back. Every time. It never failed. But he had faith that he would kick that football! He was confident that what he hoped for would actually happen! Charlie demonstrates this faith over and over again in various ways... remember the rocks in his trick-or-treating bag? He believes that something good will happen, no matter what's happened in the past. It's a part of who he is. Or how about Linus, believing that the Great Pumpkin would come, even though he was ridiculed? We as Christians know what that feels like, don't we? We should all be a little more like Charlie Brown (and Linus, too) with that childlike faith...


Now, let's all watch this and celebrate with Charlie when he finally kicks that football! (at approx. 8 minutes into the clip) His faith was not for nothing! Just as we know ours is not. Our faith gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Gotta love Hebrews! And Charlie!)





Linked with: 
No Ordinary Blog Hop

4 Responses to “Faith Like Charlie”

  1. I say he finally gets his sweet revenge! :) It's been a long time coming for Lucy! He-he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shandy, your blog is adorable!!! This post I love! You are so right, we all need that child-like faith. I am going to think of you every time I watch Charlie Brown now, haha!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! This was super fun to write. I just love Charlie Brown <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a few kind words!